Are you ready to start planning for Christmas 2023? For Christmas in July, I’m sharing over 27 Easy Christmas Crafts, Cheap Christmas Decorations, Projects, and Craft Ideas.
I’ve gathered some of my favorite, easy, and budget-friendly Christmas Crafts that you can make now.
It’s hard to believe, but Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye. It’s my favorite time of the year, but it can also be a time for spending a lot of money.
If you’re looking for ways to save money on your Christmas decorations this year, why not try making your own?
Get started today with these economic ideas, and when you blink in a few weeks, you’ll be prepared.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Christmas In July Blog Hop
I’ve joined with 16 of my favorite bloggers to bring you holiday inspiration to help you plan for your Christmas decorating and more.
Be sure to follow along at the end of this post to get so many valuable tips for the holidays.
Budget-Friendly Christmas Craft Ideas
Saving money on Christmas decorating doesn’t have to be hard. Most of these DIY projects are super easy to make as well as budget-friendly.
Easy Christmas Crafts
Let’s begin with a few super easy Christmas crafts that anyone can make.
These cute Angel and Cross Christmas Ornaments are made using a hot glue gun and hand-painted with gold and white accents. They can be made in various sizes and used for gift tags as well as tree ornaments.
Even if you’re not a big crafter and shy away from DIY projects, I think you will love how easy these are to make.
Have you ever found a Vintage Wooden Spool while thrifting? I found several at a yard sale, and you have to see this repurposed wood spool DIY idea I made for Christmas.
If you are looking for an easy, no-mess way to add snow to your Christmas decor, check out this 2 Easy Step easy method. You can flock to a Christmas Tree & more without any mess. You can easily add faux snow to trees, wreaths, and pinecones; they also look great year after year!
Cheap Christmas Decorations
Y’all know I love inexpensive and budget-friendly decorating ideas. Here are some cheap Christmas decoration ideas using fresh greenery, recycled and foraged materials. In addition, these cheap Christmas decorations are eco-friendly and sustainable decorating ideas.
If you love a wreath with magnolia leaves, get ready for the easiest tutorial on how to make a magnolia wreath ever. It only takes an hour, and it’s almost free to make.
If you’d like some inexpensive and easy DIY Christmas Ornaments, check out these Eco-Friendly ornaments. Most of the materials are foraged. However, you’ll love the sparkle and shine of the DIY Ornaments glitter.
Additional Inexpensive Christmas Decoration Ideas
- How to Decorate A Christmas Tree With Dried Hydrangeas – Have you ever dried hydrangeas? It’s easy to do, and they are a great source for sustainable decorating. I’m excited to share how to decorate a farmhouse Christmas tree with budget-friendly dried hydrangeas. Read More
- The Secret To Making A Fresh Cedar Garland -Want to know the Secret to make Fresh Cedar Garland that stays together and doesn’t fall apart? I’ve made my fair share of Fresh Garlands, and although I follow all the instructions, they simply want to fall apart. This year I had another idea, and it worked like a charm. Read More
- How To Make A Fresh Herb Kissing Ball – Don’t you just love kissing balls for the holidays? Want to learn how to make a Kissing Ball for Christmas using fresh herbs, cedar, and dried oranges? It is easy, looks great, and smells even better. Read More
- How To Repurpose Old Christmas Decorations -Don’t you just love changing your holiday decor each year? But what do you do with last year’s decorations? In addition, what about all those new styles when you have boxes & boxes of the old style? Well, don’t throw away those old decorations because here is how to repurpose old Christmas décor to make it look fresh and up to the minute. Read More
- How to Use Greenery For Christmas Projects – Are you ready for some more sustainable and eco-friendly DIY projects? I’m sharing how to use greenery for Christmas DIY projects, such as Christmas boxwood mini wreaths, cedar ornaments for packages, and tree decorations. Read More
If you are looking for some Christmas projects that are a little more involved, you will want to check out these fun ideas.
You will love this step-by-step tutorial on How to Build a Wood Christmas Tree using reclaimed shiplap boards. This is an easy project to create a unique farmhouse-style tree. There’s no need to worry if you don’t have reclaimed wood because I’m sharing how you can age new wood at the end of this tutorial.
DIY Christmas Topiaries – Cheap Christmas Decorations
These DIY Topiaries are perfect for cheap Christmas Decorations. They are unique and so inexpensive to make.
These DIY Real Cedar & Orange Topiaries are a sustainable and budget-friendly way to decorate for the Christmas season. Fill your home with the wonderful fragrance of live greenery and save money this holiday by following this easy step-by-step tutorial.
Paper Christmas Craft Ideas
Next are some creative ways to use paper for Christmas Craft Ideas.
Fabric Christmas Craft Ideas
There are so many fun craft projects that you can make with fabric. Even if you don’t sew, many of these projects include a no-sew tutorial. Let’s take a look at what you can make.
I love using red ticking fabric for Christmas, so many DIY projects incorporate this fun fabric. I’m sharing a tutorial to make Easy DIY Tassels for a Christmas Garland & more cute ways to use these fun tassels during the Holiday Season. There are so many uses for these Easy Christmas Craft Ideas.
Additional Fabric Christmas Projects
- Easy Scrap Fabric DIY Christmas Tree Pillow Cover – Here is an easy DIY Christmas Pillow Cover with a whimsical Christmas Tree using scrap fabrics. These simple instructions include a graphic for the Christmas Tree as well as a video tutorial. Read More
- Easy Distressed Ticking Christmas Stockings – Want a rustic Christmas stocking idea? Today, I’m sharing how to make Easy DIY Christmas Stockings with a vintage, distressed look. I’m sharing a no-sew method and, if you prefer, an easy-to-sew method. Read More
- How To Make A Simple Patchwork Quilt Christmas Tablecloth – Are you looking for a farmhouse-style rustic Christmas Tablecloth Idea? Here is how to make a simple Patchwork Quilt Christmas Tablecloth using several farmhouse-style, rustic, vintage-inspired fabrics. Read More
Napkin Decoupage Easy Christmas Crafts
Have you tried napkin decoupage crafts? It’s a fun and clever way to create unique one-of-a-kind decorations.
Here are a few napkin decoupage easy Christmas crafts ideas you should start making now.
This is another great Christmas craft idea. I recently started working with air-dry clay and love making Christmas ornaments and gift tags.
Check out this Air Dry Clay Ornament Tutorial. Clay Ornaments are a great way to create unique one-of-a-kind ornaments for your tree.
Christmas In July Blog Hop
Thank you for following along today. Be sure to hop over and see Jennifer at Cottage on Bunker Hill to follow along on the blog hop.
Join the Christmas In July Blog Hop for more holiday inspiration. To follow along, click the highlighted blog name.
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.