Are you looking for a peach appetizer to take advantage of the summer fresh peach season? You will love this peach and goat cheese bruschetta, which will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving more. This yummy peach with balsamic glaze appetizer brings together the freshness of summer peaches with the richness of goat cheese, creating a mouthwatering blend of flavors and textures.
Imagine biting into a crispy baguette topped with ripe, juicy peaches, layered over velvety goat cheese, and drizzled with a touch of balsamic glaze. Whether you’re hosting a summer dinner party or a simple brunch, this sweet and savory delight is sure to impress.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Health Benefits of Peaches and Goat Cheese
Peach Bruschetta with Creamy Goat Cheese is a treat for your taste buds and offers a range of health benefits. Both peaches and goat cheese are packed with nutrients that contribute to your overall well-being.
Peaches are a great source of vitamins A and C and dietary fiber. These nutrients support healthy skin, boost your immune system and aid in digestion. Additionally, peaches are low in calories, making them a guilt-free indulgence.
Goat cheese, on the other hand, is not only delicious but also nutritious. It is a rich protein and calcium source, essential for building strong bones and muscles. Furthermore, goat cheese is easier to digest than cow’s milk cheese, making it a suitable option for individuals with lactose intolerance.
By incorporating peaches and goat cheese into your Peach Bruschetta, you’re not only treating yourself to a delightful culinary experience but also nourishing your body with valuable nutrients.
Ingredients for Peach and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
You’ll need a handful of simple and fresh ingredients to recreate the Peach Bruschetta with Creamy Goat Cheese recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Ripe peaches: Choose firm yet slightly soft peaches to the touch. The sweetness and juiciness of ripe peaches will shine through in the bruschetta.
– Goat cheese: Opt for a high-quality, creamy goat cheese. The tangy flavor of goat cheese adds a delightful contrast to the sweetness of the peaches.
– Baguette: Select a fresh baguette with a crispy crust and a soft interior. Toasted slices of baguette provide the perfect base for the Peach Bruschetta.
– Fresh basil leaves: Basil adds a touch of freshness and a subtle herbal note to the dish.
– Balsamic glaze: Drizzle a bit of balsamic glaze over the bruschetta to enhance the flavors and add a hint of sweetness.
– Salt and Pepper To Taste
How To Prepare Peach Bruschetta
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (190°C).
2. Slice the baguette into 1/4-inch thick slices and arrange them on the baking sheet.
3. Brush each slice with olive oil (optional).
4. Bake the slices in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until they turn slightly golden and crispy.
Prepare Fresh Peaches & Basil
Wash peaches and basil leaves. Remove any damaged or bruised areas both.
Slice peaches into wedges approximately 1/4 inch thick.
I prefer to leave the peach skin on the peach for this recipe.
It provides beautiful color for the presentation, and the skin is full of fiber and antioxidants.
NOTE: Be sure to wash the peaches with a fruit wash to ensure all soil and chemical residue has been removed. Use organically grown peaches if possible.
Make Peach Bruschetta Appetizer
Once the baguette slices are ready, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
Crumble goat cheese into a bowl and add a few drops of olive oil. Mix together until goat cheese forms a smooth paste.
To assemble smooth, a generous layer of goat cheese over each baguette.
Then add 1 – 2 basil leaves to the top of the goat cheese. I prefer to use small, tender leaves for this recipe.
Next, top each baguette with a slice of peach.
Then sprinkle with fresh ground sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
Peaches with Balsamic Glaze
Finally, garnish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Peaches with balsamic glaze will add a savory and tangy finish to the appetizer.
Serve immediately and enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Insiders Tip – Peaches With Balsamic Glaze
Note: If you can’t serve the peach appetizer immediately, don’t add the balsamic glaze yet.
The glaze may run and leave the appetizer messy. I recommend you cover the bruschetta and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Remove from refrigerator and add the glaze just before serving.
Insider Tip – Selecting the Best Peaches and Goat Cheese
When it comes to selecting the best peaches and goat cheese for your Peach Bruschetta, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
– Choose peaches that are fragrant and give slightly when gently pressed. This indicates that the peaches are ripe and juicy.
– Avoid peaches that are overly soft or have blemishes, as they may be overripe or spoiled.
– If you can’t find ripe peaches at your local grocery store, you can ripen them at home by placing them in a paper bag at room temperature for a day or two.
For goat cheese:
– Look for goat cheese that is creamy and slightly crumbly. I don’t recommend goat cheese crumbles.
– If possible, purchase goat cheese from a local farmer’s market or specialty cheese shop for the freshest and highest quality options.
Variations and Additions to the Recipe
While Peach and Goat Cheese bruschetta is already a delightful treat on its own, you can get creative and add your own personal touch to the dish. Here are a few variations and additions to consider when making this peach appetizer:
– Prosciutto: For a savory twist, top each bruschetta with a thin slice of prosciutto. The saltiness of the prosciutto complements the sweetness of the peaches beautifully.
– Arugula: Add a layer of fresh arugula under the peach and goat cheese bruschetta for an extra peppery kick.
– Honey: As a substitute for the Balsamic Glaze, you can drizzle a touch of honey over the bruschetta before serving to enhance the sweetness of the peaches.
– Walnuts: Toasted walnuts add a delightful crunch and nutty flavor to the bruschetta. Sprinkle a few chopped walnuts on top for an added dimension of taste and texture.
– Fresh mint: Substitute basil with fresh mint leaves for a refreshing twist. The mint adds a cool and aromatic element to the dish.
Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to create your own unique version of Peach Bruschetta with Creamy Goat Cheese. The possibilities are endless!
Serving Suggestions and Presentation Ideas for Peach Appetizer
When it comes to serving this Peach Appetizer, presentation is key. Here are a few serving suggestions and presentation ideas to make your bruschetta even more appealing:
– Serve the bruschetta on a wooden cutting board or a white platter lined with fresh basil leaves. The colors will pop for an inviting presentation.
– Serve the bruschetta as an appetizer or a light lunch alongside a fresh green salad or a bowl of soup. This creates a well-rounded meal and allows you to enjoy the flavors of the bruschetta to the fullest.
– For a party or gathering, consider setting up a bruschetta bar where guests can assemble their own creations. Provide a variety of toppings and let everyone get creative with their combinations.
Remember, the presentation is not just about aesthetics; it also enhances the overall dining experience. So, take the time to present your peaches with balsamic with care and let it be a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
- 2-3 Fresh Peaches
- 1 French Baguette
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash Peaches and Basil Leaves and allow them to dry.
- Slice the French baguette into 1/4 inches slices
- Arrange on a baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 10 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- Allow the baguette to cool slightly
- Mix goat cheese with a few drops of olive oil to create a smooth texture.
- Spread goat cheese on top of each baguette
- Add 1 -2 small basil leaves to the goat cheese.
- Slice the peaches approx. 1/4 inches thick.
- Add one slice to each baguette.
- Place on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground salt and pepper
- Drizzle with Balsamic Glaze
- Serve immediately.
1. You can garnish the tray with additional basil leaves before adding the glaze.
2. If you are not serving immediately, cover and refrigerate before adding the balsamic glaze.
Once you are ready to serve, remove and add the glaze.
Note: If you add the glaze and let the appetizer sit, the glaze will run and create a messy presentation.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I must add that I’ve served the Peach Bruschetta appetizer at a couple of parties this summer, and it has been the most talked about of each one. The simple ingredients harmonize beautifully and create a taste sensation that is both refreshing and addictive.
Serve this delicious recipe at your next dinner party, and the flavors are sure to leave a lasting impression.
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.