Tangy Chicken Piccata with Caper’s Recipe
Easy, low calorie and quick recipe
Servings: 4 People
- Large Skillet
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¼ cup Flour – All Purpose
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup White Wine
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Pound Chicken Breast to ½ inch thick each
- Coat Chicken with Flour, pressing flour into the Chicken
- Melt Butter and Olive Oil over medium heat in Skillet
- Cook Chicken Breast's until done with a slightly golden color. Approx. 3- 5 minutes per side
- Remove Chicken and keep warm. Leave drippings in the skillet
- Pour White Wine, Lemon Juice, Caper's, and minced Garlic into skillet adding to the drippings.
- Bring mixture to a boil, scraping browned bits of drippings as you stir. Allow to slightly thicken, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle over Chicken Breast and Garnish with Parsley
Using a large Cast Iron Skillet works great with this recipe. If your mixture doesn’t thicken, you can add a dash of flour.
Black Bean Cakes
Easy Recipe and Freezes well.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 15 oz. Black Beans
- ½ cup Green Onions Finely chopped
- 2 med. Jalapeno Peppers Finely Chopped
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp B B Que Sauce
- ½ cup Dried Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- dash Red Pepper Flakes
- Drain & Rinse Black Beans
- Mash Beans
- Add all ingredients except bread crumbs
- Mix well and separate into 6 patty size rolls
- Spread Bread Crumbs on wax paper and roll patties over bread crumbs pressing crumbs into the patties.
- Press into patties
- Cook in skillet over med. heat until hot.
Note: If patties appear to wet, add bread crumbs to the mixture to thicken the consistency. This is a great recipe to freeze. Leave black bean patties in a ball to freeze. Delicious when served with any of the following sides/condiments. Sour Cream Salsa Corn Relish
See Corn Relish Recipe Here.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Great for a quick dinner! Large portion and freezes well.
Servings: 8 people
Cost: $15. – $20.
- 3 quart sauce pan
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- 1 15.5 oz pinto beans drained
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 Jar Pace chunky salsa
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast rotisserie or grilled ahead of time
- 8 X-large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Place cream cheese, salsa, and beans in sauce pan. Heat until cheese has melted, stirring continuously. Add cooked chicken breast and stir until heated thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into tortilla shells and roll.
- Place rolled tortilla's in greased baking dish.
- Add cheese topping.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°
I used 8 x-large tortilla shells in this recipe and still had extra filler when I finished. This recipe freezes well. To Freeze! Spoon mixture into tortilla’s and roll. Wrap in tin foil and freeze. Remove from freezer to thaw. Once thawed, place in greased baking dish, add cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 350
Seared Rare Ahi Tuna & Marinate
Servings: 2 People
- Grill with searing burner or
- Cast Iron Skillet if you don't have a searing burner
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- ⅛ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro
- ½ tsp Jalapeno Salt
- 2 Ahi Tuna Steaks
- 2 tsp Balsamic Glaze
Mix first 5 ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Place Tuna Steaks in a zip lock bag and pour mixture over the Tuna. Seal Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours prior to cook time. Just prior to cooking, sprinkle Jalapeno Salt over the Tuna Steaks. Heat searing burner. Place Tuna Steaks on Burner for approx. 1 1/2 minutes per side. Removed from heat and serve immediately. Drizzle the Balsamic Glaze over the Ahi Tuna Steaks once they are on the plate. Tuna Steaks will be crispy on the outside and rare on the inside. Note: If you don’t have a searing, another option is to sear the Tuna Steaks in a Cast Iron Skillet. Heat Skillet until very hot and sear Tuna approx. 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Due to limited space, cooking time may be extended by another 3-4 minutes.
Hot Chicken Salad
Easy and quick recipe
Servings: 6 people
- Square Baking Dish
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Breast salt to taste
- 2 cups sliced Celery
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crushed potato chips
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese sharp
- Mix all ingredients except potato chips and shredded cheese together in mixing bowl.
- Transfer ingredients into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with crushed potato chips and cheese.
- Bake in 450° oven for 10-15 minutes. Just until hot
Note: To reduce calories, you can substitute Plain Greek Yogurt for the Mayonnaise.
Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna
Delicious Recipe using Zucchini as Lasagna Noodles
Servings: 8 People
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts Drained & Chopped
- 2-3 Fresh Peeled Zucchini Sliced thin length wise
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 med. red onion Sliced thin
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Drain & chop artichoke hearts
- Mix together artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, & garlic powder
- Slice Zucchini length wise and Onion using a mandolin slicer to assure even thickness
- Lightly grease baking dish
- Layer ingredients in baking dish as listed below
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
Layer in baking dish as follows
- Place layer of zucchini, cover with light layer of mozzarella cheese, layer of sliced onion, layer of artichoke mixture.
- Repeat once
- Place layer of zucchini, layer of mozzarella cheese, layer of onion, add layer of Parmesan cheese, layer of almonds, layer of cheddar cheese.
Brad’s Famous Cheesy Shrimp & Grits
Easy, inexpensive dish that can feed a large group
Servings: 4 people
- Large Stock Pot
- 1 cup Stone Ground Grits
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 lb. Shrimp lightly cooked
- 1 Smoked Sausage Fully cooked Cubed
- 2 10 oz. Cans Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream Optional
- Peel and de-vein shrimp
- Lightly boil shrimp and set aside.
- Chop Smoked Sausage into cubes and set aside
- Combine Chicken Broth and Canned Tomatoes and bring to a boil in stock pot
- Add Grits and boil for 15-20 minutes
- Add Shrimp, Sausage, Old Bay, Salt & Pepper
- Stir and heat thoroughly
- Add Cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve with 1 tablespoon of Sour Cream for each serving if desired.
If shrimp are large, they can be chopped into smaller pieces if desired. No water is required for cooking the grits as the chicken broth is substituted. This recipe can be doubled and tripled easily. Usually less cheese is required when increasing the quantity. In addition, this recipe freezes well. You can prepare many dishes ahead of time for an event. Colby Jack and Cheddar Cheese is also a great option. Serving with Sour Cream is optional. The sausage be hot if you like spicy shrimp & grits.