When we were in Italy, we ate an Artichoke Lasagna and fell in love with this simple but delicious dish. Back in America we found that this wasn’t found on many menus. Therefore, I have tried to recreate this yummy Dish.
Here is my version of a Zucchini Lasagna Recipe with Artichokes. This recipe uses Zucchini for Lasagna Noodles and is therefore a healthier version of Lasagna.
Since my Zucchini crop is in full swing this is a cheap, easy and delicious dish.
Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients: See recipe for exact measurements
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 3-4 Zucchini
- Red Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Mayonnaise (vegan mayo tastes great as well)
- Low Fat Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Almonds
As you can tell
How Do You Use Zucchini For Lasagna Noodles?
In order to use Zucchini for Lasagna Noodles, you will want to use a mandolin slicer to thinly slice to resemble lasagna noodles.
I recommend peeling the zucchini prior to slicing length wise for best results.
Prepare ingredients for Zucchini & Artichoke Lasagna
Begin by draining the artichoke hearts because you want all the moisture removed before you start to chop them. Chop finely
Next, slice you zucchini and onion using a mandolin slicer .
Mix artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream and garlic powder together in small mixing bowl.
To reduce calories, you can use vegan mayo and plain greek yogurt as a substitute here.
Layer Your Ingredients
Begin to layer your ingredients in a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Follow the layering procedure listed on the recipe.
Just before placing in the oven.
Be sure to preheat your over to 350 Degrees and cover you baking dish with aluminum foil.
Note: You will cook covered for 30 minutes and then remove the foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
Let Lasagna rest for approx. 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts, Drained & Chopped
- 2-3 Fresh Peeled Zucchini, Sliced thin length wise
- ½ cup Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayo
- ½ cup Low Fat Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 med. red onion , Sliced thin
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese , Shredded
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Drain & chop artichoke hearts
- Mix together artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, & garlic powder
- Slice Zucchini length wise and Onion using a mandolin slicer to assure even thickness
- Lightly grease baking dish
- Layer ingredients in baking dish as listed below
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
Layer in baking dish as follows
- Place layer of zucchini in bottom of dish.
- Cover with light layer of mozzarella cheese
- Layer of sliced onion
- Next a layer of artichoke mixture.
- Repeat once
- Final layer of zucchini
- Layer of mozzarella cheese
- Layer of onion
- Add a light layer of Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle with of almonds
- Light layer of cheddar cheese.
Note: You can substitute with low fat cheese and vegan mayo to reduce calories. I've made this recipe with the substitutions and it still tastes delicious.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
3Pack Ceramic Baking Dish for Oven Large Casserole Baking Dish with Handles Packaging Upgrade Nonstick Ceramic Bakeware for Cooking, Cakes, Lasagna & Gift, Blue
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Gramercy Kitchen Co. Adjustable Stainless Steel Mandoline Food Slicer - Comes with One Pair Cut-Resistant Gloves || Vegetable Chopper Onion Slicer Potato Slicer Chip French Fry Julienne Slicer
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 36mgSodium 486mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 15g
Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I include basic calorie and nutrition information for recipes as a courtesy. However, due to wide variations in brands, nutrition data is subject to change for every user. Nutrition data is calculated using Calorie Counter App and information is entered as accurately as possible. We subtract all sugar alcohols from erythritol and xylitol from the final carb count because that is how THM calculates carbs.
Serve your Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna
Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna is a great summertime dish and is delicious served with fresh fruit. Another great summer dish is Hot Chicken Salad Recipe.
Although this recipe may not be exactly like the one I ate in Italy, it sure is delicious. In addition, it’s so easy, even I will make it!
I certainly hope you enjoy this recipe. In my series of recipes “so easy I’m willing to make it”, I share super easy or super delicious recipes that I’ve used for several years.
Pin It To Remember It