When we were in Italy, we ate an Artichoke Lasagna and fell in love with this simple but delicious dish. Back in America we found that this wasn’t found on many menus. Therefore, I have tried to recreate this yummy Dish.
Here is the recipe for Artichoke Lasagna with Zucchini Noodles. Since my Zucchini crop is in full swing this is a cheap, easy and delicious dish.
Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- 1 can Artichoke Hearts Drained & Chopped
- 2-3 Fresh Peeled Zucchini Sliced thin length wise
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 med. red onion Sliced thin
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Drain & chop artichoke hearts
- Mix together artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, sour cream, & garlic powder
- Slice Zucchini length wise and Onion using a mandolin slicer to assure even thickness
- Lightly grease baking dish
- Layer ingredients in baking dish as listed below
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
- Place layer of zucchini, cover with light layer of mozzarella cheese, layer of sliced onion, layer of artichoke mixture.
- Repeat once
- Place layer of zucchini, layer of mozzarella cheese, layer of onion, add layer of Parmesan cheese, layer of almonds, layer of cheddar cheese.
Prepare ingredients for Zucchini & Artichoke Lasagna
Begin by draining the artichoke hearts because you want all the moisture removed before you start to chop them.
Next, slice you zucchini using a mandolin slicer, cutting length wise to resemble a lasagna noodle. You will also use the mandolin slicer to slice the onion.
Layer your ingredients
Begin to layer your ingredients in a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Follow the layering procedure listed on the recipe.
Be sure to preheat your over to 350 Degrees and cover you baking dish with aluminum foil. Note: You will cook covered for 30 minutes and then remove the foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
Let Lasagna rest for approx. 5-10 minutes before serving.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. You can see the full disclosure details here.)
Serve your Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna
Zucchini Artichoke Lasagna is a great summertime dish and is delicious served with fresh fruit. Another great summer dish is Hot Chicken Salad Recipe.
Although this recipe may not be exactly like the one I ate in Italy, it sure is delicious. In addition, it’s so easy, even I will make it!
I certainly hope you enjoy this recipe. In my series of recipes “so easy I’m willing to make it”, I share super easy or super delicious recipes that I’ve used for several years.