I’ve decided to share another of my “You know it has to be easy if I’m willing to make it” Recipes with you. Although I prefer to let someone else do the cooking, This may be the easiest of all recipes.
Here is an Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe that a friend of mine shared with me and I’ve made it regularly ever since. One reason I love this recipe is it freezes so well. Since it’s just my husband and myself, it’s expensive to cook a meal that you can’t finish. When I prepare this recipe, I am preparing 4 meals at one time. YAY!!!
Begin by heating the cream cheese, salsa and beans until cream cheese is smooth. Then add the shredded chicken to the mixture.
Once the mixture is hot place approximately two large scoops of mixture on tortilla and roll.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 quart sauce pan
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- 1 15.5 oz pinto beans drained
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 Jar Pace chunky salsa
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast rotisserie or grilled ahead of time
- 8 X-large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Place cream cheese, salsa, and beans in sauce pan. Heat until cheese has melted, stirring continuously. Add cooked chicken breast and stir until heated thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into tortilla shells and roll.
- Place rolled tortilla's in greased baking dish.
- Add cheese topping.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°
Cover Easy ENCHILADAS with Cheese
Place in a greased baking dish and cover with cheese. Cover dish with aluminium foil and cook.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here. )
Freeze the Rest
Once I have enough for one dinner in the baking dish, I wrap the remaining enchiladas, without the cheese on top, in aluminum foil and freeze. Since there are only two of us, I place two enchiladas in each package. I use a sharpie to identify the package and reminder to add cheese topping.
I like to serve these Easy Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream and my homemade avocado salsa recipe. A small salad also is delicious with these Easy Enchiladas.
Perfect for a Meal for two
When you are ready to serve your frozen meals, just thaw, add cheese and bake. This tasty dish is just as yummy after being frozen as it is when made fresh.