Here is a Perfect Recipe to make fresh squeezed lemonade. I am excited to hear how you like it.
If you’re looking for a refreshing, delicious, and healthy drink, then fresh squeezed lemonade is a great option. It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed in many different ways.
So gather your supplies and be sure to use a clear pitcher for lemonade just because it’s so pretty with lemons floating in the pitcher.
Why Is Fresh Squeezed Lemonade So Good?
Y’all, if you love lemonade, you have to try this recipe. I’m a southern girl, and if I’m going to drink lemonade, it’s gonna be freshly squeezed and made with real sugar. Yum!! Yum!!
Lemonade is a refreshing and delicious drink that can be enjoyed all summer long. Serve it at parties, barbecues, or simply on a hot day.
Fresh squeezed lemonade is good for many reasons. Here are a few:
- It’s refreshing. Fresh squeezed lemonade is made with just lemons, water, and sugar, so it’s a refreshing and hydrating drink that’s perfect for a hot day.
- It’s delicious. The tartness of the lemons is balanced by the sweetness of the sugar, creating a delicious and refreshing drink that everyone loves.
- It’s healthy. Fresh squeezed lemonade is a good source of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for immune function. It’s also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect your cells from damage.
- It’s easy to make. All you need is a few lemons, some water, and some sugar to make fresh squeezed lemonade. You can make it in just a few minutes, and it’s a great way to use up any lemons you have on hand.
- It’s versatile. Fresh squeezed lemonade can be served on its own, or it can be used as a mixer for cocktails or mocktails. It can also be used to make lemonade popsicles or lemonade sorbet.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Supplies for Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Quality Fresh Lemons
- Lemon Squeezer
- Measuring Cup
- Small grater or zester
- Sauce Pan
- Beverage Pitcher
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 7-8 lemons
- lemon zest
- grate lemon for zest
- heat water with zest and sugar until sugar is dissolved
- stain the sugar and zest mixture
- juice all lemons
- add remaining water and refrigerate
Wash Lemons well
Zest two lemons and set aside
Place 2 cups of water, lemon zest and sugar in sauce pan
Heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil
Strain sugar solution into pitcher
Squeeze juice from all lemons - should be approx. 1 cup of juice
Add juice to pitcher
Fill with water until pitcher is full - 1 quart of Lemonade
Stir before serving - keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Serve over ice
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 40gProtein 1g
Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I include basic calorie and nutrition information for recipes as a courtesy. However, due to wide variations in brands, nutrition data is subject to change for every user. Nutrition data is calculated using Calorie Counter App and information is entered as accurately as possible. We subtract all sugar alcohols from erythritol and xylitol from the final carb count because that is how THM calculates carbs.
How to Make Perfect Lemonade
The Secret Ingredient
Y’all, this is truly the secret to making the perfect fresh lemonade. It’s so simple, just zest two of the lemons and up the flavor wow! I do recommend a real fine grater to get a fine zest.
Next just add your zest to 2 cups of water and your sugar. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
Important Step for Perfect Fresh Lemonade Recipe
Then you want to strain the mixture before adding to your pitcher. If you skip this step, you may not have perfect lemonade. LOL
Notice the color of the sugar & zest water. Looking good!
Click to Shop
Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you enjoy this lemonade recipe.
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.