This is an easy recipe to make ahead and freeze. I love having a recipe that I prepare once and can later pull another meal from the Freezer.
Here is a delicious Black Bean Cake Recipe that is nutritious and easy to make. Serve with salsa, sour cream or corn relish for a yummy meal.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.)
Ingredients for Black Bean Cakes
This recipe has the advantage of using items that can be found in your pantry for a quick spur of the moment dinner.
See recipe for a full list of ingredients.
In addition, you can switch ingredients if necessary and still achieve a delicious tasting Black Bean Cake. I recently didn’t have jalapenos so I added additional red Pepper flakes and it was still yummy.
Form into Balls or Patties
If you plan to freeze your patties, I recommend rolling them into a ball for storage. Once they thaw, you can easily press into the preferred patty shape.
Because there are only two of us, this recipe is more than needed for one meal. I prepare all the patties and freeze all that will not be needed for the current meal. Here is a Chicken Enchilada Recipe that makes a large amount and freezes well.
Black Bean Cakes
- 2 15 oz. Black Beans
- ½ cup Green Onions Finely chopped
- 2 med. Jalapeno Peppers Finely Chopped
- 3 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp B B Que Sauce
- ½ cup Dried Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- dash Red Pepper Flakes
- Drain & Rinse Black Beans
- Mash Beans
- Add all ingredients except bread crumbs
- Mix well and separate into 6 patty size rolls
- Spread Bread Crumbs on wax paper and roll patties over bread crumbs pressing crumbs into the patties.
- Press into patties
- Cook in skillet over med. heat until hot.
Just be sure to label your freezer bag and these will still taste delicious for up to 6 months.
Delicous sides to Compliment Black Bean Cake Recipe
These Black Bean Cakes pair well with salsa, and/or sour cream. One of my favorite combinations is to serve this Corn Relish Recipe with the Black Bean Cakes.
The Corn Relish Recipe is also easy to make and keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator to add as a side dish to other meals beyond the Black Bean Cakes.
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Sauce Pan
- 2 12 oz. Whole Kernel Corn
- ⅔ Cup Diced Onion
- ⅔ Cup Green Pepper
- ⅔ Cup Pimento's
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Drain Corn saving ½ cup of juice
- Combine Corn, Onion, Pepper & Pimento's in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients including reserved corn juice in a sauce pan
- Bring sauce pan mixture to a slight boil
- Pour hot liquid over Corn mixture and stir.
- Cover & Refrigrate over night, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as a cold side dish.
Here is an Easy Taco Soup Recipe that is just as yummy.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Your support and comments mean so much to me. I look forward to sharing my next project and adventure with you!
PIN IT TO REMEMBER IT!
Did you like this post? If so, I’d love for you to share the custom pin below to your Pinterest Boards. Thank’s for sharing the love.