Looking for ways to save money while decking the halls this holiday season? See my top 10 budget Christmas decorating ideas for all around your home. These 10 affordable, creative Christmas ideas are all budget-friendly ways to make your Christmas decorations look high-end on a dime.
You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars to create a cozy holiday atmosphere inside and outside your home. I’ll teach you some of the best ways to save on decorations this year.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Table of contents
- 10 Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Repurpose Old Christmas Decorations
- Setting a Budget-Friendly Festive Christmas Table
- Christmas Decorating with Vintage Milk Glass
- How To Decorate A Christmas Tree With Dried Hydrangeas: A Creative Christmas Ideas
- Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas For Bedroom
- Farmhouse Christmas Porch Ideas: Rustic Charm for the Holidays
- DIY Christmas Cutlery Pocket Napkins and Table Runner
- 5 DIY Sustainable and Recycled Gift Wrap, Package Toppers, and Ornaments.
- Easy Red and White Ticking Christmas Stockings
- Shopping Guides For Everyone On Your Christmas List
10 Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas
For today’s post, I’ve gathered some of my favorite creative Christmas ideas and will share ideas for all around the house.
See my favorite ideas for trimming the tree, setting a Christmas Table, porch decorating, gift wrap ideas, bedroom decorating, DIY projects, and more.
Insider Tips – Top Five Tips To Save Money While Decorating
Whether you are decorating for Christmas, Spring, or Fall, here are my five best tips to save money.
- Always shop your home first. It’s amazing how moving items to a new location can make them look brand new.
- Analyze your current decor for possible repurposing. Can you paint it for an updated look? Can you deconstruct it and reimagine the decoration in a current style?
- Check out the latest trends in decor and see if you can create the look for less. List items you’d like to incorporate into your decorating style.
- Look for deals at Thrift Stores and Consignment Shops. See if you can find similar items that you’ve seen at high-end stores. Maybe a little gold paint would do the trick.
- When you save money on the small decor, you can splurge on great vintage, antique, or high-end decor pieces. When investing in your decor, look for timeless, statement pieces that will look amazing for years to come. Create a curated home decor style that is uniquely yours.
Repurpose Old Christmas Decorations
Save money by repurposing your existing Christmas decor. Trends come and go, and most are just a variation of the decor you have stored in your Christmas bins. With a little imagination and creativity, you can reimagine the ornaments, trees, and decorations to bring them up to date.
From reimagined bottle brush trees to wreaths and even aging new ornaments to look vintage, let me share my ideas with you.
See all these creative ideas by clicking below:
Setting a Budget-Friendly Festive Christmas Table
One of my favorite budget Christmas Decorating ideas is this unique Christmas Tablescape. Almost every item on the table is thrifted or a DIY project.
The centerpiece is made using a thrift store tureen with a missing lid. Because of the missing lid, it was a $3.00 purchase and makes a stylish planter. In addition, the plates, charger plates, glassware, and candlesticks were all thrift store finds.
The unique twig topiaries are very inexpensive DIY projects using foraged twigs and pinecones with dried fruit. And the napkin rings and real cedar plate rings are also DIY projects.
To see all the details for this table, click on the following posts.
Christmas Decorating with Vintage Milk Glass
If you love a vintage Christmas theme, it’s the perfect time to bring out your collections. I’m using all my vintage milk glass throughout the house this year.
The bedrooms have several bud vases filled with greenery, holiday flowers, and bottle brush trees. In addition, the dining table looks extra festive with a mixture of red transferware ironstone dishes, milk glass compotes, bud vases, and thrifted vintage silver.
To see all the details, check out these fun ideas.
- DIY Hobnail Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- How To Decorate With Vintage Milk Glass For Christmas: 10 Amazing Ideas
- Creative Ideas for Pink Christmas Bedroom Decorations
How To Decorate A Christmas Tree With Dried Hydrangeas: A Creative Christmas Ideas
Have you ever dried hydrangeas? It’s easy to do, and they are an excellent source of sustainable decorating for creative Christmas ideas this year.
They are perfect for a rustic, farmhouse holiday style. Combine the hydrangeas with vintage ornaments in shades of blues, rust, and gold for a stylish, budget Christmas decorating idea.
See all the details:
Budget Christmas Decorating Ideas For Bedroom
Adding budget Christmas bedding is a fun way to add a cozy touch to your bedroom.
The simple design of this Levtex bedding is perfect for the holidays, and the winter theme will allow you to continue using the bedding until Spring.
Rudy shared the bedroom decked out for Christmas in a candlelight tour.
Farmhouse Christmas Porch Ideas: Rustic Charm for the Holidays
Decorating a Farmhouse Porch with natural greenery and repurposed Christmas Decorating Ideas are budget ways to add rustic charm.
Many of the porch decorations have been collected for years and moved to new areas of the porch for a fresh feel.
Gathering fresh cedar, pinecones, and magnolia leaves saves money while enhancing the collected Christmas decorations.
See the full tour by clicking below:
DIY Christmas Cutlery Pocket Napkins and Table Runner
Make your table festive and stylish with these easy-to-make Christmas cutlery pocket napkins and table runners.
The festive red and white buffalo, combined with ticking fabric, adds a farmhouse feel to the table setting. However, the tutorials can be customized to work with any decor style for creative Christmas ideas.
See the complete tutorials by clicking the links below:
5 DIY Sustainable and Recycled Gift Wrap, Package Toppers, and Ornaments.
Looking for ways to make unique gift wraps, package toppers, and ornaments made from recycled materials? If you are like me and have scrap fabric from other projects, why not use them to create these unique package ornaments?
These five ideas are all easy to make and are free decorating ideas.
In addition, you’ll want to check out these Ideas To Use Fresh Greenery for Christmas decorating. The adorable evergreen package toppers and other DIY projects are eco-friendly and affordable.
See all the ideas by clicking below.
Easy Red and White Ticking Christmas Stockings
Create these easy rustic Christmas stockings in only a few minutes with an option for a no-sew method. You’ll see how to add a time-worn feel to the ticking fabric and more.
Add rustic style to your home with these fun budget Christmas decorating ideas.
I hope enjoyed these budget-friendly Christmas decorating ideas, and I look forward to sharing my next adventure with you.
Shopping Guides For Everyone On Your Christmas List
Click below for details.
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.