When planning for our backyard B B Q table, I decided to create an easy and free outdoor table centerpiece for the dining table.
I was able to create a fun and creative outdoor dining table centerpiece using an existing basket filled with flowers that were growing right beside the outdoor kitchen.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
What Do You Need For An Outdoor Table Centerpiece?
First, you should look around your garden or landscaping to see if anything is blooming. You may also consider wild flowers and road side blooms. Gather as many free flowers as possible.
In addition, you can include herbs or other greenery in your arrangement as filler.
- Container for your arrangement
- 2 -3 different flowers
- Fill in with greenery from your landscape or garden if necessary
- Used dried flowers or greenery to add to arrangement.
Since the table is fairly small, I opted for a thrifted slender basket and added a mason jar to hold water.
Outdoor Centerpiece Arrangement
Begin by filling the mason jar with fresh water.
Start with the black eyed susan’s and fill the center of the arrangement.
Next, add the hydrangea stems around the base of the taller stems until you have completely circled the arrangement.
Add Filler To The Arrangement
Once you have the arrangement almost full, begin to add any filler. Here I added the dried palm leaves. You can use fresh herbs, landscape greenery or other dried materials to add contrast to the flowers.
Finally, add additional flowers to fill any gaps in the outdoor centerpiece.
You can also add a few additional hydrangeas if necessary to achieve a full centerpiece.
Outdoor Dining Table Centerpiece
To complete the centerpiece, place the floral-filled basket inside a larger flat basket and fill it with fresh fruit.
More Budget Centerpiece Ideas
- Free and Affordable Outdoor Table Centerpiece
- How To Make Free Herb Centerpieces
- Easy Easter Centerpiece
- Stunning Basket Centerpiece for Fall
- 11 Table Centerpiece Ideas for Fall
- Tobacco Stick Lantern Centerpiece for Spring
- Easy Basket Centerpiece and Vignette
- Easy Budget-Friendly Table Centerpiece
- Cheap Outdoor Table Ideas to Wow Your Guests
- Ideas for Thanksgiving Table Centerpiece
- Cinco de Mayo Table Ideas
- Budget-Friendly Fruit and Flowers Centerpiece Idea
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.