Want to throw a Hawaiian Themed Party to create a mini tropical vacation feeling for all your friends? Imagine being on a tropical island, sipping a delicious cocktail, enjoying fresh fruit and appetizers with all your friends. Wouldn’t that be amazing? You can easily create that feeling right in your home with these simple and inexpensive Hawaiian Party Ideas for Adults.
This week I’ve been sharing a few tropical DIY projects and ideas that will help you plan your party and not break the bank.
So let’s look at other budget-friendly ways to host a Hawaiian cocktail party.
Table of contents
- What Is A Hawaiian Themed Party?
- Where to Host A Hawaiian Themed Party
- Hawaiian Themed Table Ideas
- Previous Supper Club Alfresco Themes
What Is A Hawaiian Themed Party?
What do you think about when you hear Hawaiian Themed Party?
Today we will explore Hawaiian Party ideas for adults that will help you create a tropical environment regardless of where you live. Think fun, festive, over-the-top decorations, fresh fruits, and yummy sweet cocktails.
Let’s consider these ideas.
- Where to Host a Hawaiian-Themed Party
- Table Cloth
- Table Centerpiece
- Tropical Table Decorations
- Cocktail Table
- Party Favors
Today’s tablescape is part of our monthly Supper Club Series.
If you are joining us for the first time, we are a group of friends who love to entertain, and when entertaining in person wasn’t recommended, we started a virtual supper club in January 2021.
We are from different areas of the country, and it’s always fun to see each person’s interpretation of the monthly theme. Meet the Supper Club Hosts.
- Stacy Ling, Bricks N Blooms from New Jersey
- Michele, Vintage Home Designs from Texas
- Jennifer, Midwest Life & Style from Nebraska
- Anne & AnnMarie, Simply 2 Mom’s from North Carolina
- I’m also from North Carolina.
We are excited to have Kelly from The Tattered Pew with us today. Kelly is from Colorado and just recently returned from Hawaii, so I know you will love her inspired ideas today.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Where to Host A Hawaiian Themed Party
When planning your Hawaiian Themed cocktail party, consider having your party outdoors if possible.
Here are some areas to consider:
- Set up the porch with tables for food and cocktails
- Have a party on the patio or deck
- Decorate around a pool or by the lake with Hawaiian decor.
- Set up tables in the backyard or garden. Add tiki torches, etc.
- Have the party by the outdoor kitchen.
Always have a backup plan for outdoor parties should the weather not cooperate.
Because we are experiencing such unpredictable weather this year, I decided to host my cocktail party on the screened porch. The food and cocktail tables are inside the screened area. However, guests can spill out onto the front porch and into the house if the weather is bad.
Hawaiian Themed Table Ideas
We all know that everyone is attracted to the food and beverage tables, so we want to pay special attention to the table setting and decorations.
Since your guest will congregate around the tables, ensure you have plenty of room and keep the food and beverage tables separate.
I also like to spread a few appetizers around the party area. A bowl of chips or nuts on coffee or side tables helps keep the guest moving around the party.
You want your table to be fun, creative, and over the top, but how can you accomplish that within a reasonable budget?
Table Cloth Ideas
To make the table look festive, I decided to line the tabletop with fun wrapping paper instead of a cloth tablecloth.
With cocktails and finger foods, spills are likely, and the $4.00 wrapping paper can be tossed at the end of the evening.
Ideas for Tropical Centerpiece
The ideas for a centerpiece began with a thrifted woven vase for a tropical feel.
Next, I found the perfect fresh bouquet at Trader Joe’s. To make the arrangement, I added a tin can to hold water inside the woven vase and added all the fun items. Can you believe how cute those little bananas are?
In addition, the light fixture on the screened porch is always fun to decorate for all occasions.
To create a tropical feeling, I used Dollar Tree straws with flamingos and pineapples to fill the hanging vases. It was necessary to shorten the straws, and the excess straw was used to help fill the vases.
Hawaiian Table Decorations
In addition to the tropical centerpiece and light fixture, I added a basket filled with napkins wrapped in the Tropical DIY Napkin Ring Dupe I shared earlier this week. The fun napkins and the napkin rings are a fun touch for a Hawaiian Themed Party.
A set of beverage glasses are placed on a cake plate, decorated with raffia ties, and filled with more tropical Dollar Tree straws.
In addition, several DIY Tropical Round Placemats were used to hold the various trays and the centerpiece on the table.
Since the table decorations were not over the top enough for me, a green fish net was also spread over the table. LOL
Hawaiian Party Ideas for Adults – Cocktail Table
Next to the food table, a baker’s rack serves as a self-serve cocktail table holding all the fixings for making your own Pina Colada Martinis.
A Hawaiian Themed Party wouldn’t be complete without some fruity drink options. You can serve several options or provide a signature cocktail for the evening.
Other Creative Party Ideas
Here are a few other Hawaiian Party Ideas for Adults to consider.
- Ask guests to wear tropical clothing.
- Pick up party favors such as Hawaiian lais, grass skirts, kooky sunglasses, etc. You can find a great supply at the Dollar Tree Stores this time of year. Or check out these resources.
- Play Hawaiian-style music.
- Light Tiki Torches
- Have a hula dance contest or provide hula hoops
- Keep the food simple for a cocktail party. Easy charcuterie boards, fresh fruits on skewers, and easy seafood dips are always good choices. The Poke Tuna Stack is a fun addition to a Hawaiian Themed Party.
See more ideas and recipes later this week when we share the Supper Clubs’ full menu.
More Supper Club Tropical Party Ideas
Let’s check out all the other Supper Club ladies’ ideas. Up next is Stacy with her Easy Cocktail Party Ideas for Summer.
Simply 2 Moms / The Ponds Farmhouse
Previous Supper Club Alfresco Themes
More Outdoor Dining Ideas
- 10 Best Alfresco Dining Table Ideas
- 9 Outdoor Dining Tips
- Luau Party Table Ideas
- 5 Things to Know About Hosting a Low Country Boil
- Memories of Mom Mother’s Day Tablescape
- 4th of July Outdoor Table
- Fall Outdoor Table Ideas
- How To Set An Outdoor Dinner Table
- Backyard BBQ Setup
- 5 Inspired Picnic Table Ideas
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.