Looking for the perfect tropical cocktail? You have to try this Pina Colada Martini Recipe.
It’s refreshing and the perfect cocktail for summer.
Let’s begin by setting up the bar for our Summer Tropical Cocktail party.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Table of contents
How To Set Up A Pina Colada Cocktail Bar
When planning a cocktail party, I recommend setting the bar in a separate location from the food table.
If you don’t want to be mixing drinks all evening, you should make the bar self-serve. Provide a recipe so guests will know how to mix their martinis.
Begin by choosing an area allowing plenty of room for all the ingredients and supplies needed to make the Pina Colada Martinis.
Supplies for Martinis
Most importantly, you’ll need plenty of ice when making martini cocktails.
- Ice Bucket
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Martini Glasses
- Cocktail skewers (optional)
- Tropical Cocktail Bling, such as flamingos, umbrellas, etc.
Pina Colada Martini Ingredients
Gather and add all the pina colada martini ingredients to your bar set-up.
- Vanilla Vodka (or plain Vodka optional)
- Malibu Rum Coconut Flavored
- Blue Curacao
- Pineapple Juice
- Fresh Fruit – Pineapple, Strawberries, Mango, Cantaloupe, Grapes, Blueberries, etc.
To enhance the tropical cocktail theme, I like to use fresh pineapple and mango as a garnish for the martinis.
How To Make Pina Colada Martini
- Chill Martini Glasses – Chill with ice or add glasses to the freezer before the party begins
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add 1 ounce of Malibu Rum and 1 ounce of Pineapple Juice.
- Next, add approx. 2 ounces of Vodka.
- Shake vigorously for about 1 minute.
- Remove the ice from the martini glass.
- Then use the cocktail strainer to pour the liquid mixture into the glass
- Finally, add a splash of the blue curacao to the jigger or bottle cap and drizzle around the edge of the martini glass.
The blue curacao will sink to the bottom, making the martini festive looking.
Be cautious because the blue curacao is very sweet, and if you prefer a tart cocktail, you’ll only want a splash.
Garnish The Pina Colada Martini
You can add fruit to the cocktail skewers to garnish the Pina Colada Martini. In addition, you can add some bling with the flamingo straws, umbrellas, etc.
The cocktail is fruity and refreshing for a perfect tropical party.
Tropical Cocktail Party Ideas
When planning a Tropical Cocktail Party, you can choose to serve a variety of cocktails. Or just serve a signature cocktail like the Pina Colada Martini. Then add a few appetizers, invite your guests, and enjoy.
Be sure to check back on Thursday for all the party details.
- 2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz. Malibu Rum or Coconut Liqueur
- 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
- Splash of Blue Curacao
- Garnish with fresh fruit
- Chill Martini Glasses
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker
- Add all ingredients except blue curacao
- Shake vigorously for approx. 1 minute
- Use Strainer to pour liquid into a chilled martini glass
- Pour the splash of Blue Curacao around the rim of the glass so the blue sinks to the bottom.
If you prefer a tart cocktail, use plain vodka instead of vanilla.
Be cautious of the blue curacao because it is very sweet.
If you mix it in the shaker or stir your cocktail, the entire cocktail will be blue.
Amount Per Serving Calories 809Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 92gFiber 12gSugar 67gProtein 4g
Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I include basic calorie and nutrition information for recipes as a courtesy. However, due to wide variations in brands, nutrition data is subject to change for every user. Nutrition data is calculated using Calorie Counter App and information is entered as accurately as possible. We subtract all sugar alcohols from erythritol and xylitol from the final carb count because that is how THM calculates carbs.
Pin It To Remember It
Did you find some great ideas you’d like to save for future reference? Hover over the images you’d like to save and pin to your favorite Pinterest Boards when you see the PIN button.