Happy Sunday, and welcome to Dirt Road Adventures – It’s Persimmon Season. Each Sunday, we review all the exciting events behind the scenes, on the website, and the sources of inspiration I discovered online during the past week. This weekly recap ensures you don’t miss any of our adventures.
I’m so glad you stopped by today. What an exciting and busy week we have had. As you are reading this, I’m heading to Waco, Texas.
Yes, I’m so excited.
I planned my first trip to Waco for the Spring of 2020, but the trip was canceled, as you can imagine. So, 3 1/2 years later, I’m finally on my way.
Like the previous one, this trip is part business and part pleasure.
I’ll be meeting up with all my blogging friends from across the country to learn from each other and hear from the best in the industry. There will be lots of inspiring workshops and a little time for shopping at Magnolia as well.
Have you ever been to Waco? If so, share with me what you enjoyed the most. I’ll be checking my comments.
I can’t wait to share all about the trip next week on Dirt Road Adventures
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See the full disclosure details here.)
Table of contents
Adventures at the End of the Dirt Road
This is a look back at all my adventures this past week.
This past week was filled with preparations for my trip and getting everything set up for next weeks blog posts.
In addition, it’s persimmon season, and this year looks like it will be good for them.
Brad has already picked up several containers for our daughter and friends.
Did you see my Mama’s Persimmon Pudding Recipe I shared this past week? My mama made the best and my daughter follows in her footsteps and will be making me one for my birthday.
If you’d like to give it a try, READ RECIPE.
In Case You Missed It
If you are looking for Industrial Farmhouse style decorating ideas, you will discover the ultimate fall decorating in this Industrial Farmhouse Loft Tour. Industrial Farmhouse Fall Decorations can be used to decorate many home styles. You will find ideas that will work well with rustic country, farmhouse country chic, cottage, and modern mid-century style homes.
Decorating your home for fall is about adding warm colors and cozy textures to create inviting fall vignettes. Learn how to add budget-friendly style to a fall table set-up with seasonal elements. A table vignette is a small arrangement of decorative items on a table, book shelf, mantel or other surface. It can be as simple as a few pumpkins and leaves or a vintage vignette with collected thrift store finds and antiques.
I’ve always loved Halloween, but I rarely decorate because I don’t want to spend much money on the decorations. But then I discovered Dollar Tree Halloween decor and picked up many great items for Halloween Table decorations. If you are looking for Halloween decoration cheap ideas that are still creative and stylish, you’ll be amazed at what I found.
Looking for Cheap Halloween Decoration ideas to celebrate the season? How about a Witches Brew Centerpiece? This DIY Halloween Centerpiece is spooky and easy to make using Dollar Tree decor. The Dollar Tree DIY Centerpiece is affordable, costing less than $12.00 to make.
Looking for new fall recipes to wow your guests? Don’t miss today’s Halloween Dinner Party menu and recipes. Plus,… some additional recipes perfect for any occasion.
Adventures Off The Dirt Road
Why Didn’t I Think of That?
Each week there are so many wonderful blog posts, and I’m sharing some of my favorites with you today.
There are so many creative ideas, and I’m always asking myself, “Why didn’t I think of that”? LOL
- Do you love to read? I’m always looking for my next great book so I loved seeing Kim’s recommendations for Fall reading.
- Have you ever decorated with pink for fall? Wait until you see Mary’s pretty in pink mantel.
- Niky’s spooky Dollar Tree candles are such a clever idea. They are so fun and easy to make.
- Wait until you see what Heidi used to make the cutest refrigerator magnets.
- Yum is the word – CoCo’s Pumpkin Spice Bars With Cream Cheese Icing!
- What might be better than Pumpkin Bread? Jennifer’s Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread! yeah!
- Stacy’s Baked Whole Chicken Wings Recipe sounds so easy, even I’ll make it.
- I didn’t know what Muesli was, but Tammy’s Healthy Overnight Museli sounds wonderful, and I can’t wait to try it.
What’s In My Cart
I didn’t get a chance to do any thrift store shopping this week, but I did add a few items to my cart.
- I needed a new Apple watch band, and this classic leather one was a great price.
- I was also in need of Pant Hangers and these were a bargain.
- I love my new book from KariAnne Wood – 10- Minute Decorating Ideas
- Plus… don’t forget to pre-order Stacy’s Beautiful and Easy Care Flower Garden Book due out in 2024.
I’m stocking up on DIY and Craft Supplies. I’ve added several new items to my Amazon DIY Storefront.
Plus.. I’m getting ready for Christmas; you can click below for craft items I’m stocking up on.
Prepare for Thanksgiving with these tableware ideas
More Favorites for Fall
- Creative DIY to Display Copper Pots
- Recycle Tin Can Project
- DIY Rustic Ladder Decorating
- Elements of Nature Autumn Decorating Ideas
- A Stunning Fall Wreath from Nature
- Thrifting and Collecting Pottery
- And More…
I appreciate you for following along on my journey. I hope you have the best week and I look forward to sharing all my adventures with you.