Weather didn’t permit an outdoor Oyster Roast party, so we compromised and had one indoors.
Here is an easy Oven Oyster Roast recipe that can be baked in the oven for year round entertaining. Easy and Delicious to make.
For New Year’s Eve this year or should I say last year? Oh well, you understand, I hope!
Anyway, we stayed home, made sushi and had an oyster roast. It was raining so we decided to roast the oysters in the oven. They were delicious and so easy to make.
To shell or not to Shell
For this recipe we used Stainless Steel Oyster Trays to bake the oyster’s. We don’t have access to fresh oyster’s this time of the year and due to our location they are hard to find. If you are buying oyster’s in season, you can easily use the real oyster shell for this recipe.
Rock salt lines the bottom of the pan to secure the shells. These Stainless Steel Oyster Shells work great when you don’t live right on the coast and have fresh oysters at your finger tips.
Oven Oyster Roast – Sauce
Begin by heating the ingredient’s for the sauce in a small sauce pan. See full list of ingredients on the recipe below.
Once the butter has melted, stir in the fresh parsley. Here is another easy appetizer recipe you might enjoy.
Next place an oyster into each shell and pour the sauce evenly over each one.
Prepare the topping
Next, prepare the topping for the Oven Oyster Roast!
Spoon the topping mixture evenly over the top of each oyster.
Place the oyster’s in a preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes.
Delicious Oven Oyster Roast
This is one of my favorite recipes. We have also substituted oysters for fresh lump crab meat and that is very yummy as well.
- 6 Oysters, Raw
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Shallots , Chopped fine
- ½ tsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- 1 Lemon , Juiced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Panko
- 1 cup rock salt
- Preheat Oven 400°
- Place 1½ TBSP Butter, Shallots, Rice vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Pepper, & Lemon Juice in small sauce pan over med. heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and add Parsley stirring.
- Cover bottom of skillet or dutch oven with rock salt
- Place oyster shells or oyster trays flat on the rock salt
- Place an oyster in each shell or tray
- Spoon above mixture evenly over oysters
- Melt remaining 1 TBSP of butter in microwave safe bowl
- Add Parmesan Cheese and Panko. Stir until a paste forms.
- Spoon above mixture evenly over top of oysters.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown
This recipe can be cooked on a grill for an oyster roast. It's easy to double or triple the ingredients for a larger gathering.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Unsaturated Fat 0g
Thanks so much for stopping by today!