Weather didn’t permit an outdoor Oyster Roast party, so we compromised and had one indoors.
Here is an easy Oven Oyster Roast recipe that can be baked in the oven for year round entertaining. Easy and Delicious to make.
To shell or not to Shell
For this recipe we used Stainless Steel Oyster Trays to bake the oyster’s. We don’t have access to fresh oyster’s this time of the year and due to our location they are hard to find. If you are buying oyster’s in season, you can easily use the real oyster shell for this recipe.
Oven Oyster Roast – Sauce
Begin by heating the ingredient’s for the sauce in a small sauce pan. See full list of ingredients on the recipe below.
Once the butter has melted, stir in the fresh parsley. Here is another easy appetizer recipe you might enjoy.
Next place an oyster into each shell and pour the sauce evenly over each one.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.)
Prepare the topping
Next, prepare the topping for the Oven Oyster Roast!
Spoon the topping mixture evenly over the top of each oyster. Place the oyster’s in a preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes.
Delicious Oven Oyster Roast
This is one of my favorite recipes. We have also substituted oysters for fresh lump crab meat and that is very yummy as well.
Oven Oyster Roast
- Cast Iron Skillet or Dutch Oven
- Oyster Trays (if not using oyster shells)
- 6 Oysters Raw
- 1 ½ tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Shallots Chopped fine
- ½ tsp Rice Vinegar
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Panko
- 1 cup rock salt
- Preheat Oven 400°
- Place 1½ TBSP Butter, Shallots, Rice vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, Pepper, & Lemon Juice in small sauce pan over med. heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and add Parsley stirring.
- Cover bottom of skillet or dutch oven with rock salt
- Place oyster shells or oyster trays flat on the rock salt
- Place an oyster in each shell or tray
- Spoon above mixture evenly over oysters
- Melt remaining 1 TBSP of butter in microwave safe bowl
- Add Parmesan Cheese and Panko. Stir until a paste forms.
- Spoon above mixture evenly over top of oysters.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown
Thank’s so much for stopping by today! Your support and comments mean so much to me. I look forward to sharing my next project and adventure with you!
PIN IT TO REMEMBER IT!
Did you like this post? If so, I’d love for you to share the custom pin below to your Pinterest Boards. Thank’s for sharing the love.