Although many people consider Fried Green Tomatoes a Simple Southern Dish, I think everyone will agree that this recipe is simply delicious.
Here is a healthy recipe to make Air Fried Green Tomatoes with a yummy remoulade sauce. This recipe is classified as an appetizer, however these yummy tomatoes are delicious as a side dish as well. Here are some other
great side dishes you may like.
You can make the sauce either prior to starting this dish or while the tomatoes are cooking. The sauce is tangy and delicious. Therefore, it helps to really enhance the flavor of the fried tomatoes.
Air Fried Green Tomatoes with Remoulade Sauce
- Air Fryer
- 3 medium Green Tomatoes
- 2 cups Bread Crumbs
- ¼ tbsp Salt or to taste
- ¼ tbsp Pepper or to taste
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp prepared Horseradish
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Barb-b-Que Rub or Spice Rudy's Rub
- Wash and Slice Green Tomatoes approx. 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick
- Mix Bread Crumbs, Salt and Pepper together
- Dip Tomato Slice into whisked egg
- Coat Egg Covered Tomato Slice with Bread Crumb Mixture
- Place Coated Tomato Slices on greased Air Flyer tray
- Cook in Air Fryer at 400° for 5 minutes
- Turn each Tomato over on the tray and cook for another 5 minutes at 400°
- Either prior to or while the Tomatoes are cooking mix together remaining ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve immediately
Prepare the Green Tomatoes
Begin by washing the tomatoes thoroughly. Mix the bread crumbs with the salt and pepper to taste.
Slice & Coat the Tomatoes
Next, slice your tomatoes into approx. 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices. Then, whisk your egg and dredge the tomato slices in the egg. Then coat thoroughly with the bread crumb mixture.
Prepare air Fryer Cooking trays
Be sure to coat your trays with a coat of cooking spray to prevent the tomatoes from sticking. You can add a small amount of spray to the coated tomatoes to increase browning.
You will want to cook the Fried Green Tomatoes in Air Fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes on each side. Therefore, the total cooking time is 10 minutes. However, if you have a small air fryer, you may not be able to cook this entire recipe at one time. If this is the case, you will double your cooking time. See the Top 5 Reasons to Cook with an Air Fryer Here.
Serve your Fried Green Tomatoes with Remoulade Sauce immediately. Here I’ve added a couple sausage patties.
This is a healthy version of a Southern Favorite and here is another tasty southern recipe. Please let me know your opinion.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here. )
You may also like this air fryer recipe – Pulled Pork Egg Rolls
Thanks for stopping by today!