Spring and Summer Entertaining looks so different this year due to social distancing. It’s so important that your guest feel safe while being entertained. We had our first small gathering here at The Ponds on Saturday and I decided it might be a good idea to do things a little differently.
While preparing my famous corn dip (LOL), I became concerned that everyone would be dipping from the same serving dish and that some might feel uncomfortable doing so. Therefore, with Social Distancing in mind, this is how I decided to serve this Safe & Easy Corn Dip.
Disclosure: I’m not an expert on Social Distancing and/or the guidelines recommended by The Center for Disease Control. This blog is for entertainment purposed only. Please check with your local authorities for current guidelines before planning a social event in your area.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here.)
Easy Corn Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 7.5 oz Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 can Sweet White Corn Drained
- 1 pkg Ranch Seasoning Dry Mix
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 3 tbsp Jalepeno Peppers Finely Chopped
- Soften Cream Cheese
- Chop peppers finely
- Drain Corn
- Add all ingredients and mix until smooth
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve with Pita chips
Allow for Social Distancing
Instead of serving in one large serving dish, I divided the dip into a smaller dish for each family attending. In addition, individual serving spoons and tongs were provided for each guest. This allowed for everyone to enjoy the Easy Corn Dip in a Safe Social Distancing way.
I love to entertain but also want everyone to feel safe and comfortable at my home. I recently decorated my greenhouse with a patriotic table using scrap fabrics for a fun 4th of July Party! You can see all the details here!
What began as social distancing safety measure, became a fun way to make the evening festive. Everyone loved having their own Patriotic Star Dish for a fun 4th of July Party.
Store Until Party time
Each serving dish was wrapped in Cling Wrap and stored in our vintage refrigerator until time to serve. This fun event was held in the Outdoor Kitchen Entertaining area. You can see all the details about this fun space here.
You can check out more easy recipes here.
Shop This Post
Other tips for safe Social Distancing
Although some restrictions have been lifted, the threat is still real and the main goal is to be safe and not get sick. Each state and city may have different rules regarding gathering so check with your local disease control center for guidelines in your area of the country. See above disclosure statement.
- Entertain outside – thankfully it’s summer and perfect for outdoor entertaining.
- Separate Tables at least 6 feet apart
- Seat each family at their own table
- Have hand sanitizer at each table
- Individual serving spoons and tongs supplied for each guest
- Be sure hot food is kept hot and cold food remains cold until served
- Be sure beverages are in individual serving sizes. Such a bottled water, soda cans, etc.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and my simple idea for allowing social distancing while still being able to entertain with friends and family.
I appreciate you for stopping by and I welcome any questions or comments.