A Delicious side dish recipe to compliment any main dish but is wonderful paired with the BLACK BEAN CAKE RECIPE
Here is an easy to make Corn Relish Recipe that can be made ahead of time and stays fresh in refrigerator for several weeks.
As you probably know, most of the recipes I share are “so easy even I’ll make it”! As a result, they are also recipes that have easy to obtain ingredients and are staples in the pantry.
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here. )
Tools needed to prepare this recipe
Since the corn relish recipe is another easy to pull from the pantry side dishes, it also doesn’t require a lot of tools to make.
You only need a few measuring spoons and measuring cups, along with a mixing bowl and a small sauce pan. I like to use a decorative mixing bowl with a lid for storage in the refrigerator for the left overs. These are so pretty, you can use them to serve the side dish as well.
Corn Relish Recipe & Ingredients
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Sauce Pan
- 2 12 oz. Whole Kernel Corn
- ⅔ Cup Diced Onion
- ⅔ Cup Green Pepper
- ⅔ Cup Pimento's
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Drain Corn saving ½ cup of juice
- Combine Corn, Onion, Pepper & Pimento's in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients including reserved corn juice in a sauce pan
- Bring sauce pan mixture to a slight boil
- Pour hot liquid over Corn mixture and stir.
- Cover & Refrigrate over night, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as a cold side dish.
Wonderful side Dish
Because this side dish recipe keeps so well for several weeks, it’s perfect to have handy in the refrigerator to use with almost any main dish.
Here is another delicious veggie recipe that’s also a healthy option.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope this recipe is a welcomed addition.