Today I’m joining my Supper Club Friends to bring you recipes for a Christmas Dinner Party. I’m in charge of the appetizer this month and I’m sharing a yummy Walnut Baked Brie Recipe to go with all these great Christmas Recipes.
This is one of my “It’s so easy even I’ll make it” recipes and you will quickly see why.
Christmas Dinner Menu
It’s that time of the year when we are searching for a new recipe for the holidays, and we have you covered.
Here is a complete menu that you can serve for your next dinner party.
- Cocktail – Sparkling Pomegranate Margarita
- Appetizer – Walnut Baked Brie
- Main Dish – Crock Pot Cranberry Pork Loin
- Side Dish – Easy Strawberry Puffed Pasty Brie Bites
- Side Dish – Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kielbasa
- Dessert – Easy Orange Cranberry Cake
First, I want to share my recipes for Walnut Baked Brie. It’s so easy and delicious. It’s sure to be a crowd favorite.
Walnut Baked Brie Ingredients
There are only 4 basic ingredients for this recipe, however there are some options that you may like.
First, you want to mix your walnuts and brown sugar together. To give the recipe a little extra kick, you can add ground black pepper to the mix.
In addition, you can substitute walnuts with pecans if you prefer.
I like to drizzle the pastry with melted butter before cooking. To add a little color and zing to your baked pastry, add a dash of cinnamon to the butter.
Baked Brie Recipe
First, grease a brie baking dish. If you don’t have one a small casserole dish will work.
Spread pastry into the bottom of the dish and press all seams together. Drape the ends of the pastry over side of the baking dish, being sure to leave enough to cover the top of your brie.
Place brie round in the center of the pastry and top with your walnut and brown sugar mixture.
I prefer Goat Cheese Brie because it’s creamier and delicious, however it can be more difficult to find. I’ve made this recipe with regular brie and it’s still delicious.
Next, bring edges of pastry up and over the top of your mixture and press seams of pastry together.
Finally, drizzle the butter or butter & cinnamon mixture over the top of your pastry and bake according to pastry directions.
Walnut Baked Brie Appetizer
Notice how golden the pastry appears after using the cinnamon and butter mixture.
You can cut the baked brie into small sections to serve or allow guest to serve themselves with a serving knife.
- 1 roll Crescent Rolls, or Phyllo Pasty
- 1 round Goat Cheese Brie
- 1/4 cup chopped Walnuts, or pecans
- 2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. cinnamon , Optional
- ¼ tsp. Fresh ground Black Pepper, Optionsl
- Preheat Oven 375°
- Grease Baking Dish
- Spread crescent rolls in bottom of dish pressing seams together and allowing edges to drape over side of dish to enough to cover top of your mixture
- Place Brie Round in center of the baking dish
- Mix Walnuts and brown sugar (pepper optionals)
- Pour Walnut mixture over the brie
- Wrap edges of crescent rolls over the top of the mixture and press seams together.
- Melt butter and drizzle over the tops of crescent rolls. Mix butter with cinnamon before drizzling, if you prefer this option.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve alone or with fruit.
You can substitute the walnuts with pecans if you prefer.
This is also delicious with phyllo pasty.
If goat cheese brie isn't available regular brie is delicious as well.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Unsaturated Fat 0g
In case you missed the 5 Creative Christmas Table Decor Ideas, you can see it here along with all the other Supper Club Tables.
Christmas Dinner Recipes
Stacy’s dish looks so yummy! Crock Pot Cranberry Pork Loin
Jen at Midwest Life & Style – Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kielbasa
Kelly at The Tattered Pew – Easy Strawberry Puffed Pastry Brie Bites
Michele at Vintage Home Designs – Easy Cranberry Orange Cake
Our cocktail this month comes for Simply 2 Mom’s – Sparkling Pomegranate Margarita
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I look forward to sharing my next adventure with you.
pin it to remember it