Mother’s Day is fast approaching and it’s time to make your plans. If you are planning a Mother’s Day Brunch, you want to make sure that your menu includes tasty and easy to make recipes. Y’all know that I only share “it’s so Easy even I’ll make it” recipes so rest assured, you can do this.
Here are some of my favorite Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes Ideas, that are easy to prepare ahead of time so that you can relax and enjoy Mother’s Day with your family. Many of these recipes can be frozen ahead of time or prepared the day before and then baked just before your brunch begins.
Mother’s Day Brunch Appetizer
This is one of my favorite appetizers because you can prepare and freeze weeks ahead of time and just pop in the oven a few minutes before your guest arrive.
Artichoke & Sun-Dried Tomato Phyllo Bites
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- 2 14 oz. cans Artichoke Hearts drained & chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan & Asiago Cheese
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Oil Packed Sun-dried Tomatoes drained & finely chopped
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- 3 1.9 oz pkg. Frozen Mini Phyllo Cups thawed
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat Oven 350°°
- Line Baking sheet with Parchment Paper
- Mix together first 7 ingredients
- Spoon mixture into phyllo cups
- Place filled cups on prepared baking sheet
- Bake approx. 15 minutes or until filling is hot
- Garnish with Chives°
(Affiliate links are used for your convenience. Read my full disclosure here. )
The Best Lemonade
What Mother’s Day would be complete without a tasty glass of fresh squeezed lemonade. This is most likely the best you’ll ever taste.
Best Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Lemon Press
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 7-8 lemons
- lemon zest
- grate lemon for zest
- heat water with zest and sugar until sugar is dissolved
- stain the sugar and zest mixture
- juice all lemons
- add remaining water and refrigerate
If you would like to have a cocktail recipe for your brunch, try this delicious Homemade Kahlua Martini Recipe which includes how to make the homemade kahlua as well.
For the main dish, I couldn’t resist sharing a long time favorite Hot Chicken Salad. I have had this recipe for well over 30 years and it is still one of my favorites. In addition, this recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
Hot Chicken Salad
- Square Baking Dish
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Breast salt to taste
- 2 cups sliced Celery
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crushed potato chips
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese sharp
- Mix all ingredients except potato chips and shredded cheese together in mixing bowl.
- Transfer ingredients into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with crushed potato chips and cheese.
- Bake in 450° oven for 10-15 minutes. Just until hot
Simple Side Dish
I love serving the Hot Chicken Salad with a fresh fruit salad on the side, however this tasty side dish also works well with the Chicken Salad. This is another simple side dish that can be made in advance and is actually better with age.
- Mixing Bowl
- Small Sauce Pan
- 2 12 oz. Whole Kernel Corn
- ⅔ Cup Diced Onion
- ⅔ Cup Green Pepper
- ⅔ Cup Pimento's
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Drain Corn saving ½ cup of juice
- Combine Corn, Onion, Pepper & Pimento's in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients including reserved corn juice in a sauce pan
- Bring sauce pan mixture to a slight boil
- Pour hot liquid over Corn mixture and stir.
- Cover & Refrigrate over night, stirring occasionally.
- Serve as a cold side dish.
Yummy Brunch Dessert Recipe
What mom doesn’t love chocolate and German Chocolate is even better. I’m not a baker but even I can make this yummy dessert. In the unlikely event there is any left over, this dessert freezes well. If you like Kahlua and saw the above link, you might also like this super easy dessert, Kahlua & Blue Bunny Delight Recipe.
Easy German Chocolate Upside Down Cake
- Hand Mixer
- 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Small Sauce Pan
- 1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix Prepare as directed
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 box Confectioners/Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Butter or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Mix Chopped Pecans & Coconut together
- Spread evenly into bottom of baking dish
- Prepare Cake mix according to direction and beat until smooth
- Pour Cake mixture over top of pecan & coconut mixture
- Melt butter and cream cheese in sauce pan over low heat
- Once mixture stirs well, add powered sugar slowly, stirring continuously until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over top of cake mix.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes
I love hosting a brunch and I recently shared How to Plan Girlfriend Time which includes planning a brunch. In addition, you might also like the Christmas Brunch Menu and Recipes. I shared this menu in December, but it’s great anytime.