Mother’s Day is fast approaching and it’s time to make your plans. If you are planning a Mother’s Day Brunch, you want to make sure that your menu includes tasty and easy to make recipes. Y’all know that I only share “it’s so Easy even I’ll make it” recipes so rest assured, you can do this.
Here are some of my favorite Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes Ideas, that are easy to prepare ahead of time so that you can relax and enjoy Mother’s Day with your family. Many of these recipes can be frozen ahead of time or prepared the day before and then baked just before your brunch begins.
Mother’s Day Brunch Appetizer
This is one of my favorite appetizers because you can prepare and freeze weeks ahead of time and just pop in the oven a few minutes before your guest arrive.
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 7-8 lemons
- lemon zest
- grate lemon for zest
- heat water with zest and sugar until sugar is dissolved
- stain the sugar and zest mixture
- juice all lemons
- add remaining water and refrigerate
Wash Lemons well
Zest two lemons and set aside
Place 2 cups of water, lemon zest and sugar in sauce pan
Heat until sugar is dissolved. Do not boil
Strain sugar solution into pitcher
Squeeze juice from all lemons - should be approx. 1 cup of juice
Add juice to pitcher
Fill with water until pitcher is full - 1 quart of Lemonade
Stir before serving - keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Serve over ice
If you would like to have a cocktail recipe for your brunch, try this delicious Homemade Kahlua Martini Recipe which includes how to make the homemade kahlua as well.
For the main dish, I couldn’t resist sharing a long time favorite Hot Chicken Salad. I have had this recipe for well over 30 years and it is still one of my favorites. In addition, this recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a larger crowd.
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken Breast, salt to taste
- 2 cups sliced Celery
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crushed potato chips
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp
- Mix all ingredients except potato chips and shredded cheese together in mixing bowl.
- Transfer ingredients into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with crushed potato chips and cheese.
- Bake in 450° oven for 10-15 minutes. Just until hot
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a large gathering.
To reduce calories, you can substitute Plain Greek Yogurt for the Mayonnaise.
Simple Side Dish
I love serving the Hot Chicken Salad with a fresh fruit salad on the side, however this tasty side dish also works well with the Chicken Salad. This is another simple side dish that can be made in advance and is actually better with age.
- 1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix, Prepare as directed
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 box Confectioners/Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick Butter , or Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 9 x 13 Baking Dish
- Mix Chopped Pecans & Coconut together
- Spread evenly into bottom of baking dish
- Prepare Cake mix according to direction and beat until smooth
- Pour Cake mixture over top of pecan & coconut mixture
- Melt butter and cream cheese in sauce pan over low heat
- Once mixture stirs well, add powered sugar slowly, stirring continuously until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over top of cake mix.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes
Cake freezes well.
I love hosting a brunch and I recently shared How to Plan Girlfriend Time which includes planning a brunch. In addition, you might also like the Christmas Brunch Menu and Recipes. I shared this menu in December, but it’s great anytime.